Welcome to Assam College Teachers’ Association
ACTA (Assam College Teachers’ Association), an organisation of college teachers of Assam, is the second largest college teachers’ organisation in India, with a member strength of approximately 7000 (seven thousand) college teachers working in 189 (one hundred and eighty-nine) provincialised colleges of Assam. The Association was founded in 1949 at its inaugural Nowgong College Conference with 40 college teachers serving in 14 non-government colleges, keeping in view the main objective of contributing to improving the condition of higher education in Assam. Prof. R. R. Thomas was the founder President and Prof. Mahesh Ch. Deva Goswami was the founder General Secretary of the Association. It was initially named “All Assam Non-government College Teachers’ Association” at the Nowgong College Conference. But, the very next year it was renamed as “Assam College Teachers’ Association”, in short, ACTA.
News & Notice
- Letter from AIFUCTO GS - Published Date: 12th, October 2017
- Extension of Last date of Submission of Papers for ACTA Annual Journal - Published Date: 25th, September 2017
- Invitation of Article for ACTA Annual Journal - Published Date: 24th, September 2017
- Order on Withdrawal of Condition of SSB of the retired College Teachers - Published Date: 08th, September 2017
- Academic Calendar of Guwahati University - Published Date: 19th, August 2017